Things in my head

The thinkings of a Londoner lost in the mire of Essex

Friday, September 30, 2005

It's all getting a bit technological...

Hello again. I know that I'm going a bit mental with all the posting but I might have come up with quite a good idea. Just below my profile on the right is this instant chat thing. Its a good idea, but the problem is that for anyone to see it or write on it, they have to be on my blog.

So I had this idea, because if we post the link below on to all our templates, then we'll all see all the messages written, so we can really easily see if anyone's about when we're blogging away. I'll explain how to do it so it shouldn't be too hard, even for the technophobes. But it will work best if as many of us as possible do it. Unless you think its a crappy idea.

Right, the thing that you will need to paste is at this link. It will open a word document.

All you need to do is highlight it all, then go to change settings, which is on the dashboard next to the 'new post' icon. Click on it, and then click on template. This is where all the information on your blog is stored. Scroll down until you see the words "Main archive page" which is about 2/3rds of the way down the page. Press enter a few times, and then in the space paste the link. Save the changes, and then check out your blog. You might need to press refresh, but it should come up with some chat between me and my brother Dan. Each one should be exactly the same anytime that one of us posts an instant message. Then we can get chatting.


Hope it works!

5 Comments:

At 05 October, 2005 18:09 , Blogger Dan said...

Tim, on a different subject....

Check out Grandmaster W Bush doing White Lines on
http://www.thepartyparty.com
I also recommend Birthday (partypartymix) for the Schwarzenegger contributions...
check it out.

 
At 06 October, 2005 09:43 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Tim has far too much time on his hands,

 
At 06 October, 2005 15:05 , Blogger Jon said...

Tim, where are you? Haven't heard from you for a while

 
At 06 October, 2005 16:14 , Blogger Tim Lovell said...

Yeah mate, not too bad. Tre busy busy. But all is well. I'm not disollusioned yet. Might be buying a house though, which is good for a laugh.

 
At 06 October, 2005 16:14 , Blogger Tim Lovell said...

I also want to know who this rascal is who keeps leaving me childish and annoying messages...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home